::TELANGANA STATE FOREST ACADEMY (TSFA)::
A forest School was started in 1926 in Nizamabad. It was then shifted to Mahaboobabad and subsequently to Yellandu,
in the year 1941. The Forest Guard training school functioning at Sudikonda in East Godavari District was merged with forest school,
Yellandu in the year 1969. The AP School of Forestry, Yellandu, Khammam used to organize induction trainings to Foresters and Forest Guards.
Further established a “State Institute of Forestry Training” (SIFT) in 1987, in 75 hectares of Dulapally reserved forest and it was renamed
as A.P. Forest Academy (APFA) in Oct 2000 and again rechristened as Telangana State Forest Academy w.e.f. 2nd June 2014.
The Academy initially organized courses for senior foresters, IFS officers (One week compulsory courses/workshops), NGOs and Joint Forest
management committees. Foundation trainings for Forest Beat Officers (FBO) and Forest Section Officers (FSO) which were hitherto organized at the
Forest School, Yellandu were shifted to APFA in 2000 (FSOs course) and in 2006 (FBOs course) and the school was closed.
The Academy is acting as a National level centre of excellence for training the personnel of Forest Department, representatives of
NGOs and VanaSamrakshanaSamithis (VSS) on various aspects of natural resource management. The Academy also provided customized training services
to personnel from other states such as Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Assam, Tripura, etc on Forestry and Geomatics
related topics and natural resource management. National level Workshops and training programmes including one week compulsory training courses for
IFS Officers are also organized regularly in the Academy.
This Academy is located 4 km from Kompally-X-Road on the Hyderabad-Nagpur National Highway in Dulapally Reserve
Forest of Ranga Reddy district at a distance of 24 km from Hyderabad city. The location offers an ideal atmosphere for
conducting training and educational activities.